If you’re not building an email list, then you’re making a HUGE mistake.
Email lists can be used to drive sales, provide information, connect with previous customers and most importantly build trust in a relationship. Utilizing your email list to send out monthly newsletters, get online reviews, and advertise promotions can help promote your business.
Frustrated with creating an email list and connecting with customers? Click to Download our 10 Step Guide to increasing your website’s visibility online.
(opens in a new tab)Not only is email a low-cost way to communicate with your contacts, but it is also fast and easy which is why it’s the preferred communication channel among most people. We compiled 4 steps to help you build your email list:
1. Select an email list management solution
- There are many email list management solutions available to use. Two of the most popular solutions are MailChimp and Constant Contact. Chances are, your regular email provider has a limit to the number of emails you can send in a certain time frame. Email management solutions allow you to send emails to a large number of contacts without them being marked as spam.
2. Determine how many email lists you will need
- The first step is determining how many email lists you want to manage. Having multiple email lists will help you divide your contacts into specific areas of focus.
- For example: If you manage a restaurant you might want 2 email lists (general customers and catering customers).
3. Determine what type of information you want to track in your email list.
- Your email list can track a large amount of information about your contacts. The more information you request/track from your contacts, the more refined you can be when reaching out to them in the future.
- Ex: First and Last Name (absolutely) email address (absolutely) phone (nice to have)
4. Set up a way for contacts to sign up or implement a process to collect information manually.
- The best way is by offering something to get them to sign up. This process is called offering a Lead Magnet. Giving up something to get something more valuable contact details) is a great way to build your list. (ex: coupon, ebook, free class)
You can collect these through a number of channels including your website, a landing page, social media, e-commerce purchases, etc.
Curious about our Email Campaign Services? Learn more here.
Need help navigating the process? Click to schedule a Free 30 min strategy call with us.