When customers search Google for your products or services, one of the first things they will see is your Google My Business (GMB) listing. This is a great tool to quickly convey important contact information to your customers.
Frustrated with trying to figure out how to manage your Google My Business? Click to Download our 10 Step Guide to increasing your website’s visibility online.
It can also be used to increase your sales and help you learn more about your customers. These 4 steps will help you do all of this just by better utilizing your GMB listing:
1. Claim your free Google My Business account
- This one seems kind of obvious, but navigating the whole process can be understandably confusing. For a step by step process, just visit https://support.google.com/business/answer/2911778?hl=en.
2. Add as much information as possible for your business
- In addition to your business name, phone number, and address, you should try to add as much information as possible. This includes your website, hours of operation, a description, logo, photos, attributes, business category, attributes, etc.
3. Manage your reviews
- Google reviews help give your business credibility. Ask your customers for reviews through follow up emails or on social media after they use your services. You can even incentivize for reviews by offering a deal to anyone who leaves a review. On the flip side of this, make sure to monitor your Google reviews regularly so that you can respond to customers and manage negative comments.
4. Be consistent
- Ensure that any directories you are listed in have the same contact information that is on your GMB listing. Having mismatched contact information can confuse Google and make it harder for customers to know how to contact you.
Curious about our SEO services? Learn all about our GMB strategy here.
Need help navigating the process? Click to schedule a Free 30 min strategy call with us.