Search Engine Optimization (SEO) can often sound like a daunting task to tackle, but it doesn’t have to be! We understand how important proper SEO is for your business to thrive, but we also understand that it can seem confusing for those who are new to digital marketing.
Frustrated with trying to figure out how to increase sales and drive more business? Click to Download our 10 Step Guide to increasing your website’s visibility online.
Let’s start by breaking down what SEO is.
SEO stands for search engine optimization. It is a marketing technique that focuses on growing your business’s visibility online, organic (non-paid) search results. Studies have shown that organic SEO is one of the most important, if not imperative, marketing aspects for your business to remain competitive.
After all: what’s the point of having a great website if no one can find it?
Here are 5 simple steps you can take to optimize your site for search engines:
- Include your service/ product in the title tag on each of the pages of your website
- Use this formula for your page title: Your Service Your City | Your Company Name
- Ex: Pest Control St Louis | Vinnie Mac Pests
- Create a separate page for each of your core services
- Including important keywords for each of these services will help search engines like google better understand what you offer. However, you must make sure that you don’t OVER-optimize, or search engines may view your site as spammy or unreliable.
- Create pages for each of the brands you service
- This helps your business rank for searches of these products. In addition, linking to these brands sends trackable traffic that helps Google understand what your site visitors are interested in.
- Design unique content on each of your website’s pages
- Duplicate or repetitive content is less likely to rank on the first page of search results. Ensuring that each page has unique content allows each individual page to rank higher.
- Help Google understand your true service area
- Narrowing your target audience to your service area gives you a better chance of ranking in that location. Make sure you include the city name and region name along with your important industry keywords so that Google understands where you are located. Including a map on your website (in the footer and the contact page) can also help Google learn where your service area is.
Now that you have these 5 easy steps to enhance your business for search engines, you can go forth and conquer!
Need help navigating the process? Click to schedule a Free 30 min strategy call with us.